On Wednesday we spent the morning visiting the ancient Khmer ruins of The Rolous group of temples 30 minutes out of Siem Reap where we are staying. The weather was perfect with a slight breeze as we clambered over ancient pathways, stumbling here and there as I seem to do quite a bit.
Our taxi driver, who was recommended to us is very nice, as has been just about everyone we have come in contact with so far. We get special consideration by younger people as we are now known Pappas. I suppose it's quite nice, it's meant to be respectful. I haven't heard women referred to as Mommas though.
Have a look at the photos from our tour here
Our driver spoke of his parents who were killed by a landline bomb near Siem Reap during Pol Pot's regime when he was one year old.
He was raised by his grandmother who is still alive in her mid eighties. We din't see many older people around town,many were killed during this terrible time.
Our taxi driver, who was recommended to us is very nice, as has been just about everyone we have come in contact with so far. We get special consideration by younger people as we are now known Pappas. I suppose it's quite nice, it's meant to be respectful. I haven't heard women referred to as Mommas though.
Have a look at the photos from our tour here
Our driver spoke of his parents who were killed by a landline bomb near Siem Reap during Pol Pot's regime when he was one year old.
He was raised by his grandmother who is still alive in her mid eighties. We din't see many older people around town,many were killed during this terrible time.
![]() |
| Relic amongst the ruins |
